Latest topics
» Has anyone had a similar problem with a rose......
by Ozeboy Yesterday at 09:59

» Sad second year roses :(
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th November 2017, 15:40

» what do I need to do?
by eileen0 3rd November 2017, 16:41

» Feeding routines
by carmel 9th October 2017, 10:06

» Two to identify please
by LouiseJB 25th September 2017, 16:02

» rose for sale
by carmel 25th September 2017, 07:46

» Anyone ever heard of this before?
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2017, 16:19

» parole
by Malnewby 14th September 2017, 18:38

Knackered

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Knackered

Post by Balinbear on 1st August 2010, 20:14

Mass renovations of the garden happening at present. After taking the trees out a couple of months ago things have had to be changed. I hired a turf cutter this weekend and man, pushing (well not quite pushing more like struggeling to keep it in a straight line while going up a hill with a slide slope) that thing takes it out of you.

Bobcat and trench digger (for some ag drains) coming in next weekend (i hope) to do a bit of cut and fill to level out a bit of the garden. Then there are stairs to be buit, a couple more pergolas and retaining walls.

Been transplanting roses and other plants for past couple of weeks and then to top it off the 40 odd new roses arrived in the post this week so most of them had to go into temporary homes. We also had to pot up the cuttings we did in Autunm.

Why do we do this to ourelves? What makes it worse I have already identifed next winters renovations.
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Knackered

Post by Guest on 1st August 2010, 20:41

I know exactly how you feel! Neutral

Prior to my stay in hospital, I had planned to open my nursery & have my new gardens ready to plant out mid-September, but this isn't going to happen. Oh well...

Being unable to lift anything too heavy for 6-8 weeks after my op set things back big time. ATM I am still removing roses & potting them up, potting up the newly bought roses, planting cuttings & sowing rose seeds. Hopefully, I can have the yard bull-dozed into submission within the next month then focus on the fencing & retaining walls.

Lots more on the go too but luckily I'm not doing it alone (thanks to my good friend Tess & family)!

In the meantime, I will simply sympathize with you & think about the rose blooms come Spring!!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow on 2nd August 2010, 14:55

You are certainly busy both of you. I have dog runs and kennels to finish, and a great many poles to put in my garden, plus alot of cut roses to move back into a hot house and also lots of weeding etc.
Hopefully I will have 20 or 30 new roses to plant late in this month.
Won't have to water for quite some time, the ground is full of water and so is the creek and dams.

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear on 10th August 2010, 20:42

Spent the last 4 days lifting turf, having earthworks done, puting in ag drains etc, levelling out the ground and relaying turf.

Walls and steps and garden beds are next.
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow on 13th August 2010, 07:33

You are going great guns, Balinbear !
I got one big dog run finnished and my big pups are really enjoying it. The little pups are enjoying being out of the shed and into the puppy run. My sister inlaw's partner is going to to put up the frames for my future dog sheds in a week or so.
I have started moving the roses I wanted to, hopefully I would get to do more today. Actually I am working at clearing the weeds and digging the two trenches, them I can go ahead and dig the roses out and replant them quick. I have move 20 cut roses so far. Thank goodnes the soil is very wet, should make it easy.

rosemeadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Carole on 13th August 2010, 19:21

Gosh you have been busy. Are the dog sheds for the dogs you already have or are you getting more.
Carole

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow on 13th August 2010, 21:30

They are for the dogs I have and their puppies and some others I got. And I will be growing some climbing roses on the rio part of the enclosure.

rosemeadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum