» Winter Flowers
by rosebud 11th September 2017, 12:48

» Thornless Bourbon Climbers?
by rosebud 11th September 2017, 12:40

HI

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HI

Post by ROSEFAN on 26th July 2010, 15:19

Hi, I've joined the forum and would like to introduce myself. I am very much a rose novice with so much to learn. I love going onto rose forums and reading about peoples love and exprience with roses. Although I've always loved roses, I only really got serious about them a year ago and learnt that there were so many more varieties than just HTs and floribundas. I especially love fragrant and climbing roses. Last year i ordered a heap of roses, austins, a few HT's and delbards. This year i ordered more roses (i think i'm addicted Shocked ). This time I ordered them from Treloars and a nursery in Queensland. My dream is to have a perumed garden with lots of perfumed plants and roses, but what with my poor soil, drought, very hot summers and temps in the 40's I'm not getting my hopes up Neutral

ROSEFAN

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: HI

Post by Barbara B on 26th July 2010, 17:17

Hi Rosefan,
welcome to the forum. It sounds to me like you're already addicted. Welcome to the club.
Barbara B

Barbara B

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26th July 2010, 17:25

Hello ROSEFAN! Wave

Roses rule (JMHO LOL). Wallow in the addiction...I sure do! Dance

When I first got into roses in a big way, I spent thousands of $ on them & then the drought hit hard. Many rose plants died but lots survived (and even thrived) so your dream garden is a very real possibility. It appears that you are well on the way so best of luck with it...

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSEFAN on 26th July 2010, 19:06

Thank you damo and Barbara.

Yes, i sure am addicted. At the moment I have no blooms on my rose bushes and can't wait for them to start blooming again. I hope to get lots blooming before summer starts,so i can enjoy them before the scorching sun frizzles them to a crisp. Damo, yes thankfully i have only lost one rose to the heat, so it's not so much that they die, but the poor blooms can't withstand the suns intensity. I'm looking forward to getting my new roses delivered, shouldn't be long now. Oh, I almost forgot, I have 3 roses from Queensland on their way, should arrive any day now - Crepiscule, Don Juan and Crimson Glory climber:)

Very Happy Very Happy

ROSEFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara B on 26th July 2010, 19:15

Hi,
well, I have Crepuscule and Crimson Glory on trellises. They face north and west and get the full sun and they're doing fine. Yes, if you get a very hot day the flowers will fry on the plant but there are always more coming. Very Happy
Barbara B

Barbara B

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on 26th July 2010, 19:27

Hey Rosefan.... sorry for making the process of joining a little troublesome... Daivd and I try very hard to keep the SPAMMERS off the forum.

I've always been very interested in Crimson Glory, the mother to your Crimson Glory Climber. It's a very famous rose with something like 8700 descendants. I would love to see photos of yours and hear about it over the years.

Admin

Number of posts : 3739
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSEFAN on 26th July 2010, 19:38

HI Barbara, Yes there's always more comming,so I'm always hoping for a cool spell after days of high temps and then maybe get to enjoy my roses Smile

Hi Simon, that's okay, I understand your concern about spammers.

I'm not certain, so don't quote me Smile but if my memory serves me correctly, i think the crimson glory bush isn't as good as the climber. But please check on that, because i can't be certain. Yes, I will look forward to keeping you up to date on my crimson glory.

ROSEFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum