Latest topics
» Has anyone had a similar problem with a rose......
by Ozeboy 21st November 2017, 09:59

» Sad second year roses :(
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th November 2017, 15:40

» what do I need to do?
by eileen0 3rd November 2017, 16:41

» Feeding routines
by carmel 9th October 2017, 10:06

» Two to identify please
by LouiseJB 25th September 2017, 16:02

» rose for sale
by carmel 25th September 2017, 07:46

» Anyone ever heard of this before?
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2017, 16:19

» parole
by Malnewby 14th September 2017, 18:38

A little more

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A little more

Post by Guest on 15th April 2010, 15:52

Checking

Back to top Go down

Well, why not

Post by Guest on 15th April 2010, 22:50

After looking at the roots I made an alteration. First we' ll see if this works.

Back to top Go down

Re: A little more

Post by Admin on 15th April 2010, 22:54

Neil, I fixed to post so the image shows. There was nothing in the first post. What's this one about?

Admin

Number of posts : 3739
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Well, why not

Post by Guest on 16th April 2010, 00:40

After looking looking at the roots I made a alteratioinhttp://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/15/05/96/27/100_0752.jpg We'll see if this works. Forget any more pictures at this time. I have them to show a simple way to do this. Without exception all the seedlings are set back by cold weather. This is a method to overcome the problem. In these holes there is much better protection to the point of steam coming off the dirt plug on a frosty morning. this is a better condition than in my sun room. This is very time consuming but a way to extend the growing period from six months to as far as you want to take it. Could be a poor boy green house if a few cement blocks and a piece of plastic was added. Before you start any kind of program or just for fun it's much better to be able to look at the results first and then do the cold testing. It takes time to build the thickness of the canes to the degree necessary to be unaffected by the cold. The other point is the roots are not growing down to any worthwhile degree. I like to soak the trays some times for two days even, so the peat pots are pretty soggy, and it doesn't appear to hurt the seedlings. On tearing the pet pots off the seedlings over a wide variety, the roots are just bunched at the bottom and along the sides with little penetration of the pot and many of the pots do not have holes in the bottom. A lot of implications here. Cheers Neil

Last edited by Neil from Oregon on 19th April 2010, 16:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : better)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19th April 2010, 17:35

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum