» Peony rose
by carmel 27th July 2017, 07:04

» Potted Roses
by Rosenda001 19th July 2017, 21:52

Damian.. 'Heidesommer'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Damian.. 'Heidesommer'

Post by Admin on 8th March 2010, 01:38

Some time back you said you were interested in using 'Heidesommer' in breeding. I replied saying it was a triploid with no real descendents. Been up to check mine lately and it is covered in OP hips. Will test germinate these this coming spring but I have a feeling it could be one of those fertile triploids and I don't understand why someone hasn't already used it more Dunno

Last edited by Simon on 8th March 2010, 02:25; edited 2 times in total

Admin

Number of posts : 3739
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Damian.. 'Heidesommer'

Post by Guest on 8th March 2010, 01:53

I have just found the same thing with "Gourmet Popcorn" Simon! LOL Never a hint of a hip & now it has many! I am hoping they hold...

I only ever hear good things about "Heidesommer" so surely great things can come out of it. It'll be interesting to see how you do with it! I will need to get a plant of it from somewhere because of the whole "Temple Bells" sold as "Heidisommer" mishap! I think I saw it for sale at a nursery at Campbelltown a few weeks back...

I am hoping another Kordes rose proves to be fertile! "Innocencia" has done really well here & is very beautiful! It keeps dropping its OP hips with every new flush of blooms though & I hope next year - once older & bigger - it manages to hold onto some.

Another rose I was impressed with this year was "Diamant". I have put its pollen on "Stainless Steel" in the hope of getting odd colours on a bush that looks something half-way between the 2!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on 8th March 2010, 02:11

It strikes easily so when I put some 'Euphrates' in for you tomorrow I'll put some of this in as well Thumbsup

'Gourmet Popcorn' gets good reviews on RHA (use the search for it) as a parent. I have 'Popcorn' and it is one to look out for too as from memory I think it is diploid.

'Diamant' is a lovely rose too. It would be interesting to put this with 'Perle d'Or' I think Hmmmm .

Last edited by Simon on 8th March 2010, 02:26; edited 3 times in total

Admin

Number of posts : 3739
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8th March 2010, 02:22

Thankyou Simon...much appreciated! Thumbsup

And yes to "Diamant" x "Perle d'Or" (or reversed)...I get that totally!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum