Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !

Go down

Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !

Post by rosemeadowtasmania on 5th July 2018, 12:50

Hi everyone, I would like to come back and tell you what happened to my rose garden after I moved to Tasmania. I am sorry I didn't keep in contact but I would like to come back now as I am planning to start a new rose garden.

rosemeadowtasmania

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !

Post by neptune on 5th July 2018, 14:42

welcome back....it is always nice to hear from you.... how did your rose garden turn out after the big move?
neptune

Number of posts : 2445
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !

Post by rosemeadowtasmania on 5th July 2018, 14:59

Hi Neptune, thanks for the welcome ! Twice I have written what happened to my garden, but each time I have done something wrong and I loose it instead of it posting. Maybe I wrote too much in this section.

rosemeadowtasmania

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadowtasmania on 5th July 2018, 15:07

My rose are all gone now except fore about ten of them because of another needed move after two years, then my mother got Alzheimer's disease on the mainland and it was a very dry Spring/Summer here, latter I spent 5 months with my Dad on the mainland, and the ones I had succeeded in replanting got mowed over when the hay was cut. Since we have been back here in Tasmania I have been focussed on my daughter's sport of horse riding and jumping.

rosemeadowtasmania

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadowtasmania on 5th July 2018, 15:11

But I want to restart a rose garden because I have very fertile land in a beautiful valley with a permanent creek running through the bottom part of our property. My last rose garden brought me a lot of happiness so I keen to start again.

rosemeadowtasmania

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 5th July 2018, 15:44

I have had problems writing long post and losing them because the time out on the write , so now if I write a long post, I go to word or note book .. write and then copy and paste into Rosetalk
neptune

Number of posts : 2445
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadowtasmania on 5th July 2018, 18:23

Oh, thanks for telling me that Neptune, it really helps.

rosemeadowtasmania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 5th July 2018, 20:09

Hello long lost stranger. Karen it is great to hear from you again. Sorry to hear of your families health problems. I hope you and the children are well. Horse riding and jumping, great sport.
Just to sort out my mind, have you moved from your original place in Tasmania to another ?.
It is such a shame to loose all those roses which you took so much trouble to take with you. On here somewhere are some photos of your old garden, I will try and find them and post one.
The other bit of news you might not have heard is, they have, the government have gone and decided not to build that coal mine behind your old house and are selling some of the land back to the previous owners at a reduced price. Would you come back(only being silly). The forum will not let you post photos for a week for some reason, can we see some then please of your new surroundings
From David & Carole
P.S. we are in England at present, so some of my posts will be at different times to yours.
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5176
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 5th July 2018, 20:19

Here is a link Karen, from the past.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5176
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadowtasmania on 6th July 2018, 09:16

Hi David and Carole, what a lovely welcome post back from you and especially when you are so busy in England. I hope you are having a really good holiday. Are you seeing lots of roses and gardens and having nice weather to see them in ?
Thanks for putting on the above link, great to look back on and see everyone's comment. Yes I? have heard all about the coal mine over the years as i have made a few trips back through Gulgong since, I am sorry I have always been so rushed on those trips that I haven't visited you both but I have thought of it and I would love to visit next time if that is alright ?

rosemeadowtasmania

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadowtasmania on 6th July 2018, 09:31

No, I definitely would not move back as we love living down here. My eldest daughters are doing well with their lives and my youngest and I are very happy on our place. I will post some photos when I can. Yes, I did move a second time because of a neighbor annoyed over my Kelpies, but he did us a favor as we have a bigger and better property now. Over the next few years I want to restart my my hobby with roses and make a memorial garden for my mother.
I got a shock to see that Misty Downs in no longer in operation, what a blow. It is going to be harder to get those roses back.

rosemeadowtasmania

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear on 7th July 2018, 11:12

Sorry to hear of your troubles and hope you can get back to the garden soon.

Certainly was a shock regarding Mistydowns and I do not think the reincarnation will be anything like the previous. I heard that they will be growing their roses in South Australia so I doubt that they will be budded on multifora rootstock.

Our Teas are still going strong and have the odd new one that's been found or has popped up in the garden.

Sunny Coast. Found in our garden under a Monsieur Tillier. I think it was a cross with Comm de Labarthe as it has her perfume.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mrs Graham Hart. An old Queensland bred climbing Tea.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1456
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy on 11th July 2018, 15:24

Nice to see you on the Forum again Karen. Have written you a private message before seeing this post so read that first.
I'll try to do a list of the roses I have now for you to start again. I have kept about 8 or 10 of the best Tea's including a sport of Mrs. BR Cant which came from Gary. 'MMe Abel Chatenay' is very worthwhile. I put in more understocks than I really needed so can do a bit of bud grafting to help out.
Keep the rose passion going and I'm sure everyone can pitch in and get your new garden happening.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadowtasmania on 14th July 2018, 22:54

Thanks for your lovely welcome backs Balinbear and Ozeboy. I reckoned I could smell you tea roses while looking at your Tea rose photos, Balinbear ! How thoughtful of you Ozeboy. I would like to visit you the next time I come to the mainland, if that was alright.

How thoughtful of you Bruce,

rosemeadowtasmania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum