Bloody Parrots

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Bloody Parrots

Post by neptune on 8th May 2013, 16:57

Front yard looks like shanty town .....three days of heavy rain.......blue tarpaulins/ gas lights/led growing lights and I am over watching my equipment and roses growing....................lets hope it is worth it......the things we do for roses.....
neptune

Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy on 8th May 2013, 19:13

Hope it all works out well, that's one reason I don't exhibit anything anymore. John, it happens to chooks also. Many times I have had a cockerel in magnificent condition have one of his sickle feathers eaten off by a mouse the night before the show.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 8th May 2013, 21:58

Ok....this have come to ahead....I've had enough.....packed up everything as they said the storm is bringing in 100+ kph winds and its 16C....sorry ...I'm a hot weather person..... gone out after the last front past thru with heavy winds and noticed about four canes that are one and half meter long laying horizontal to he ground....can't win....going to find a heater
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by maree on 8th May 2013, 22:20

Well , i certainly do admire your fortitude Neptune , good luck with your heater ...
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 8th May 2013, 22:27

Thanks Maree.....heater is feeling fantastic.....
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw on 8th May 2013, 23:53

Neptune, it;s a courageous and can-do battle you wage. Keep yourself warm first and foremost.

Everyone knows you are a winner,whatever the blasted birds and weather do.
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 9th May 2013, 00:04

those are kind words , Betsy.....and the heater is getting a hiding.....[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz on 9th May 2013, 00:05

Good luck in your efforts Neptune. Your persistence and dedication is amazing, no way could I do that. Surely the gods will smile and reward you for your do or die effort.
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1621
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose on 9th May 2013, 01:32

John it is a very sad situation however knowing you and Anna it only a blip on the radar and you will bounce back bigger and better. On the dark side the birds show a little more respect for roses. Glynis and I have a flock of white cockatoos (30), a flock of rainbow lorikeets (60) and two crimson rosellas that have visited us regularly for many years and they have never touched our roses. We do feed them when food is scarce perhaps this is why they don't touch the roses.

Ausrose

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 9th May 2013, 06:20

John nice shot of the and fire. Maybe in your spare time roflmao you might think about entering it into a photographic comp.
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5191
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 9th May 2013, 07:24

Ausrose wrote:John it is a very sad situation however knowing you and Anna it only a blip on the radar and you will bounce back bigger and better. On the dark side the birds show a little more respect for roses. Glynis and I have a flock of white cockatoos (30), a flock of rainbow lorikeets (60) and two crimson rosellas that have visited us regularly for many years and they have never touched our roses. We do feed them when food is scarce perhaps this is why they don't touch the roses.

Doug.....we don't see the cockys here.......so it was a surprise for me to see them out there on that morning......if they were regular visitors, I would have no hesitation at putting up food tables for them......each bud they break is 7 weeks of growing down the drain....a heartbreak for anyone....
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 9th May 2013, 07:31

roseman wrote:John nice shot of the and fire. Maybe in your spare time roflmao you might think about entering it into a photographic comp.

it is something I always like doing.......back in the late seventies I enter a photographic competion. The shot was of Centre Point Tower in Sydney taken at 2am with a 2min aperture opening........well the end result was, that I wasn't scored high as they didn't believe I took the shot....wasn't that a big put off......oh well ...lets move on.....
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausrose on 9th May 2013, 12:42

John a number of our exhibitors have trouble with possums eating their buds and in NSW and more than likely WA they are protected and this has its problems.

Ausrose

Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy on 9th May 2013, 15:28

John, I viewed a program on Foxtel showing all the care Black Cockatoos are getting in WA. DNA, leg banding, care for sick and injured birds etc so better take Doug's advice and feed them during hard times when they arrive in numbers.

Best of luck and enjoy life without exhibition roses

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1673
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 9th May 2013, 16:01

Ozeboy wrote:John, I viewed a program on Foxtel showing all the care Black Cockatoos are getting in WA. DNA, leg banding, care for sick and injured birds etc so better take Doug's advice and feed them during hard times when they arrive in numbers.

Best of luck and enjoy life without exhibition roses

I have no problems feeding them, but as I said, I have never seen these white cockys here before and have no idea when they will arrive.....
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum