Latest topics
» And for David while he is away.
by neptune 19th July 2018, 23:57

» Wanting to talk with old roserian friends again, and new roserians friends too !
by rosemeadowtasmania 14th July 2018, 22:54

» Premature Petal dropping- Perth
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 15:27

» Vale: Meryl Constance
by rosemeadowtasmania 5th July 2018, 13:55

» Newbie to roses and forums for that matter!
by Steph 28th June 2018, 09:39

» Question Please
by Balinbear 20th May 2018, 07:55

» Sick Double Delight Rose
by The Lazy Rosarian 18th March 2018, 11:21

» Peace
by OklahomaDelight 9th March 2018, 20:02

Thinking

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thinking

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 22nd March 2013, 22:40

There has been a lot of conversation of late. What do we and I mean all of us do with this forum.
There will be a bigger response from myself on Sunday.
One email will be sent to all members with the chance to reply.

David

For those that post often. My email is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 24th March 2013, 07:13

I have just sent a bulk email to all current members stating my thoughts/feelings about the forum, It should nearly be at your IP Address about now. In it I have asked for a response from all. For those that post regular, you can place it on here so we an throw it around as you are the people that use the forum and I think the forum should reflect the user, these are my thoughts, not of others.
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2013, 09:40

So whats going on ??

Back to top Go down

Post by helen on 24th March 2013, 10:18

I like reading what all you 'rosy people' are doing in your gardens, but I am not good at contributing as I feel a bit overwhelmed by how knowledgable you all are. I am just an everyday gardner who loves roses, and like to learn a little from you all. Perhaps I should take the bull by the horns and contribute a little instead of being an interested onlooker. Regards Helen.

helen

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask on 24th March 2013, 10:43

You should, Helen! Smile Sometimes we're just talking to fill in the silence... Wink
(And sometimes we're just talkative! haha)
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw on 24th March 2013, 11:06

Well, FYI, here's the message I sent to roseman earlier on why i participate

1) It's a community rich in knowledge,
2) It's a fun and stimulating group of people, There are also members who closely share my particular interests
3) Within a very short period of joining, I've already been pointed in the right direction toward several rose varieties. Those tips alone alone are worth membership.
3) The tone is conversational, always civil
4) There is no oppressive regimentation.
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2013, 12:13

So what is going on??

Back to top Go down

Post by Carole on 24th March 2013, 12:44

Warren, I dont get these E. Mails so i havn't read it but it has renewed interest from some people that havn't been on the forum for some time.
How many sleeps till your holiday? you must be so looking forward to it.
Betsy, great add for the forum
Carole

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz on 24th March 2013, 13:23

Why do I participate?
I am interested in furthering my knowledge of roses - what to grow, how to get the best out of my roses, how to avoid/manage problems.
This forum fulfils all of the above, as well as the added bonus of conversing with other rosy people, all of whom I have found to be interesting and ready to share their ideas, experiences and expertise. I have discovered new rose varieties to be included in my garden, with honest feedback about the worth or otherwise of some roses, where previously my sole information had been limited to swing tags (and we all know how misleading they can be). It was through the forum I discovered the Help Me Find website, and what an indispensable boon that has been! Initially, like Helen, I was a bit tentative about contributing when others obviously had so much knowledge and skill. However, I found the ordinary everyday gardener was as welcomed as the experts with decades of experience behind them. It has also been a place we can share everyday happenings and have a laugh too. Connecting with a diverse group of people, drawn together by their common interest allows us all to better understand each other in a relaxed way without the commitments that belonging to a club may entail. I really enjoy the forum and hope it continues to be the wonderful resource it is. Thank you.
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1620
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2013, 15:47

no one has still explained whats going on? interesting

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 24th March 2013, 15:56

Why do you think there is anything going on
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24th March 2013, 16:20

There has been a lot of conversation of late. What do we and I mean all of us do with this forum.
One email will be sent to all members with the chance to reply

from this ?/?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 24th March 2013, 17:16

Ozroz wrote:There has been a lot of conversation of late. What do we and I mean all of us do with this forum.
Warren, your copy of my original post is what it is all about. do with this forum
One email will be sent to all members with the chance to reply
The email was sent this morning looking for responses from members like yourself. At present I had not received one, other members have placed them here and directly to me. That is what I had asked for. I will run this forum as long as we have people post. I replied to one person and said I would could start thread called "off topic totally, no roses", this forum is not what Simon wanted of it, but it is still running. I will also post some of the direct comments on here, minus names to give other members an insight what has transpired. I hope that is enough info, if not email me or PM me or phone me.

from this ?/?

Last edited by roseman on 24th March 2013, 17:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Colour)
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by maree on 24th March 2013, 17:39

Hi Roseman , i have been out all day and just checked my emails , didn't see one from you though . My honest opinion on this forum is as follows . Before i joined this forum i had a garden full of roses , but as i encountered problems with them , one by one i pulled them out , i thought i was doing the right thing , but obviously not , when i found this forum accidentally while doing a search on the web , i was very happy that such a forum exsisted and have been very happy with the help and info i have received and am now replanting roses again . At times we do stray off topic i know but with the advent of facebook and social networking it seems very normal to do this . Please continue with this forum , it is friendly , very helpful and i like it , thankyou Roseman
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by maree on 24th March 2013, 17:42

Please do Helen , the more the merrier , i'm just a back yard gardener too ....
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 24th March 2013, 17:53

Maree, it is not mine, rather ours, this is why this was placed for all to comment.
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw on 24th March 2013, 17:55

May I also just add that RTA for me has filled the void created by the decay and death of the Roses in Oz forum on gardenweb.

I don't know why RiO faded - one year it seemed lively, the next year it was like an empty house awaiting demolition.
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by maree on 24th March 2013, 17:56

Okay Roseman , i'm a bit confused lol !!
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by maree on 24th March 2013, 18:04

Betsy , i had a look at that forum too , no one seemed to be there though , i now see what Roseman is doing , clever man ......
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 24th March 2013, 18:14

Maree, if you are confused, why, how do you think I feel. scratch Stunned Loopy Brainwash I started this and I am writing notes for later entries from responses to place on here
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy roses on 24th March 2013, 20:08

I think we all agree that this forum is very helpful for knowledge sharing and fun...I certainly have learn't a lot, though my contributions are small I find myself often checking when I can just to see what's new. If I can add something worthwhile will do...I tried Roses on Oz but didn't find much there either.
Happy roses

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 25th March 2013, 06:32

Warren, is the post above sufficient enough, you could add your comments any time. This is what this thread is about and the email you received.
Regards David.
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by maree on 25th March 2013, 07:48

Roseman , did you send me a email ? cause i didn't get one , thats whats confusing me i think .
maree

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara B on 25th March 2013, 09:16

Hi,
RoseTalk is a source of information for us. When we want information, we know we just need to post here and someone will come back with what we need to know. We know we can be as rabid about roses as we like and no-one will think we're balmy.
Thanks to Rosetalk advice, I trialled a different style of pruning with good results. I was sent a bundle of tea rose cuttings to try to propagate them (I failed.).
Like most people, we're sometimes time-poor and perhaps don't write in as often as we could, but rest assured that this forum is checked at least twice a day.
I appreciate those that take the time to post photos regularly. I enjoy reports on roses that I haven't grown yet. I helps to smooth out the hype in the catalogues so we get what we really want.
I'm envious of your get-togethers and visits.
In other words - all good, David. Keep her going.
Barbara B

Barbara B

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 25th March 2013, 12:29

maree wrote:Roseman , did you send me a email ? cause i didn't get one , thats whats confusing me i think .

Maree, everyone should have gotten one, I will check your settings about receiving such things or you can do it yourself.
The Lazy Rosarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum