» Potted Roses
by Rosenda001 19th July 2017, 21:52

New registrations for 2013.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New registrations for 2013.

Post by Carole on 14th March 2013, 13:51

Warren how long are you going for?
I am sure you will have a great time, we will have to talk again soon.
Alee, I keep coming up with names for Warrens roses,but he ignors them roflmao and I am only trying to help.
Carole

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14th March 2013, 16:51

Carole I am only going over for a week. I have to sort out a few things, do the final selections of what is going to be sent over, discuss some future breeding plans ect and shipping intructions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carole on 14th March 2013, 21:39

All this work will be worth it in the end Warren .
It will be lovely to meet up with Isobelle and her husband, I am sure you will pack a lot into the week, but make sure you spend a few hours sight seeing around the place.
Carole

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17th September 2013, 19:31

[.

Last edited by Ozroz on 22nd September 2013, 17:27; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask on 17th September 2013, 20:04

Oh. My. Goodness.

Willy 

AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage on 17th September 2013, 20:09

Oh What Fabulous Roses, You should be so proud. What a marvellous feeling it must be for you to be able to showcase your talents to the World. Best of Luck though I am sure you don't need any.
I already have my favourites. Coming up Roses
Dimity Cottage

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2013-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17th September 2013, 20:17

AD (wendy) when I went out of town today to check on the other roses , this one was flowering. Altough it was very overcast, it was glowing in the low light, I felt I was being beckoned by it .

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask on 17th September 2013, 21:55

She can glow in my direction ANY TIME. love
AutumnDamask

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17th September 2013, 22:00

she is a beaut Wendy, I missed a bloom on the weekend, it had fully blown but still looked nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask on 18th September 2013, 06:05

There needs to be a way to get these fabulous roses "out there", Warren. I know I want some.  
Do I have to come up at pruning time and beg for cast-off bits??

AutumnDamask

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw on 18th September 2013, 07:25

When I saw the name Alethea, I instantly thought of editor and philanthropist, Alethea Gold, Australia's premiere kids' fashion stylist. Has done all the major magazines here and overseas, including Bambini in Italy. I worked with her in the '90s, co-ordinating lavish, star-studded kids' fashion parades in support of the Sir David Martin Foundation. She's gone on to do amazing charity work in South Africa, Viet Nam, even Cuba. One of the best-connected people I know, with celebrities and world leaders happy to return her calls ;-) Astoundingly effective, creative, can-do person, and she makes things happen.

You know, you may think I'm mad, but she could make things happen for you, too, with that rose.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 18th September 2013, 08:06

AutumnDamask wrote:There needs to be a way to get these fabulous roses "out there", Warren. I know I want some.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
neptune

Number of posts : 2408
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Poesie on 18th September 2013, 08:25

Wow beautiful rose, beautiful name, great breeder...
Poesie

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2012-03-15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE2DCf46-qk

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask on 18th September 2013, 08:50

neptune wrote:
AutumnDamask wrote:There needs to be a way to get these fabulous roses "out there", Warren. I know I want some.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Slap 

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

AutumnDamask

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy on 18th September 2013, 16:41

Ozroz what is the parentage of it ??.Will they be for sale in the future.Lovely rose very unique.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18th September 2013, 16:56

I will be having a talk to a grower in Oz, mid October so hopefully available in a few years

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy on 18th September 2013, 21:53

Warren, best of luck in Oz, a real hard market to crack.
With 45,000 roses listed on HMF and probably another 45K not listed it's very hard to come up with something completely different they would be interested in.
Eyes For You was one of the later ones with a difference but so many are just similar repeats of what has been around for a long time. I think Simon described the HT's as just recycled roses with very little difference between them.

I have quite a few older HT's that have proven to be very good breeders but they won't produce that winner with a real difference They will breed some nice roses but different? NO!! When I often get asked for a Mauve rose that has fragrance there are probably 6 that would make the buyer happy, nothing is a stand out.

We thought Health would make a great difference but very few people ask is it healthy. As mentioned before I have never been asked to guarantee a rose to be virus free.
Those DA's are selling well here partly due to the old and French names of Heritage roses which are almost impossible to remember. DA has overcome this by putting his name on a lot of those old types. People can remember his name without trying to recall all those long names.

I'm beginning to think breeders right on the edge of producing something new and different is the place to be when breeding. You are a long experienced breeder so I know you haven't been recycling all those HT's and have something really different in your more recent seedlings.
Don't think there will be yellow roses with purple spots but something different.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear on 18th September 2013, 23:18

For the masses I guess a re-release of Iceberg every 10 years (with the variant colours in between) is all they need. Maybe add a Mr Lincoln, Peace and a few others that I could not name and no one would really need to breed anymore varieties.

Unless of course someone comes up with a yellow with purple spots.

Balinbear

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw on 19th September 2013, 06:24

Well, there's virtue in the BMW design model of refinement, too.  Whereas other car designers go in for innovation, Beemers tend to look similar year to year, with enduring mechanical characteristics, but everything gets subtly better and better by significant degrees.

Novelty is delightful, but I'm personally also drawn to improvements on classics. Firefighter isn't just a retread of the Big Reds, it's a damn sight more fragrant and more floriforous than Mr Lincoln , CI, etc. Pope John Paul is more than just another white, it's damn near perfect.

If I were Bill Gates or Warren Buffet, I'd order up a breeding program aimed at , say,  Just Joey Mark II - same divine scent, same drop-dead flower, but bullet-proof and a blooming fool.
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy on 19th September 2013, 08:11

Thanks balinbear and betsy for your comments. Like
"Short, Fat, Overdressed and doused in Perfume" I'll remember that and your above comments for a long time.
The HT's Betsy highlighted above are stand out roses and pretty healthy as well. There are a couple of roses like Elina and Good Samaritan with the right fragrance would have been really fantastic.
Warren has worked most of his life breeding roses here in NSW and I have never seen one or heard of any rose trial medal winners. If it's that hard to get roses into commerce here then why be bothered. Warrens staying power is to be admired. Across the rose breeders here very few have hit the big time. Recently Richard Walsh has had some success with 100 Not Out and another better still that I can't remember the name of. Trevor Grant did well with Governor Macquarie. There's not many considering the
number being registered.
Warrens launch into the European market will be very interesting. If successful then it becomes easier to sell roses to other countries and hopefully the local market.
Warren might become a rose tycoon yet.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19th September 2013, 09:10

Warren might become a rose tycoon yet. : I am not holding my breath Bruce.

Besty you spoke of Just Joey, a few years ago I crossed it with Belle Story and created this rose Magical Moment. It is a cultivar which you can see both parents represented but the perfume has been changed to very strong Myrrh. It is quite healthy and the repeat is pretty quick. Here are a few pics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dimity Cottage on 19th September 2013, 16:34

Ozroz your roses are so beautiful, I only wish I were closer to take in that beautiful Myrrh scent, one of my favourites. Is your Rose above available for purchase, as it is one of my favourite colours, also can you tell me the size the bush grows to.
Happy Gardening.
Dimity Cottage

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2013-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19th September 2013, 17:11

DC these are not available yet, this cultivar grows to around 1 metre high.

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw on 19th September 2013, 17:19

What a magical creature, Ozroz. To my eye, it looks more like Belle Story, and that big hit of myrrh must be the Austin gene suddenly aroused from its genetic recessive sleep. The Belle is a rose I've looked at and passed by, because of its light scent. I tell you this: You've probably created the Belle Story that Austin really wanted Cool 
betsyw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19th September 2013, 19:10

This is its sibling called (Wow Factor) this bloom get enormous and the Myrrh perfune is even stronger , hence the name Wow Factor. For those in this forum who exhibit, yes the centre is split but I breed for the garden.

Thanks Besty, I just had this vision that by putting these two together would creat something nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum