Latest topics
» Has anyone had a similar problem with a rose......
by Ozeboy 21st November 2017, 09:59

» Sad second year roses :(
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th November 2017, 15:40

» what do I need to do?
by eileen0 3rd November 2017, 16:41

» Feeding routines
by carmel 9th October 2017, 10:06

» Two to identify please
by LouiseJB 25th September 2017, 16:02

» rose for sale
by carmel 25th September 2017, 07:46

» Anyone ever heard of this before?
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2017, 16:19

» parole
by Malnewby 14th September 2017, 18:38

My PH Chart

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My PH Chart

Post by paulh on 12th February 2013, 00:52

Hi peoples, below are piccies of the PH chart i have done up... you can freely copy them... if I ever work out how to convert these files from *pub to *jpeg
I will be able to email them to who ever wants them which would be better quality. The ph numbers I inserted just as an example...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
paulh

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2012-09-11

http://livingwithroses.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My PH Chart

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 12th February 2013, 06:28

Paul here is what Mr. Google found.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In some of what I have read Acrobat reader might help as well. I do not use it anymore, the guy that looks after my computer installed a program called "Evince" works for me.
Paul a lot of effort has gone into this, well done. Paul the letters to the right of the rose name, what do they stand for please.
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5151
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by paulh on 12th February 2013, 13:57

roseman wrote:Paul here is what Mr. Google found.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In some of what I have read Acrobat reader might help as well. I do not use it anymore, the guy that looks after my computer installed a program called "Evince" works for me.
Paul a lot of effort has gone into this, well done. Paul the letters to the right of the rose name, what do they stand for please.

Thanks for that info very much appreciated. The letters beside the names are for where I purchased them eg: b=bunnings d=dwasons etc
paulh

Back to top Go down

Post by Balinbear on 12th February 2013, 20:36

In publisher do a "save as" and click the arrow in the save format and there should be a big list of formats one of which is JPG.

Another comment would be it may have been easier and easier to modify if you did the table in Excel or a similar spreadsheet.

I started one for our garden sometime ago and the beauty is if you think of another category you simply add it. You can then search for a property of the individual plants say for instance all red roses or all roses growing in PH soil 5.9 in 2012.

If you are real clever and spatially capable (I'm a surveyor so that helps) you can also do a grid over a garden plan and include the coordinates (like a UBD) to record where the plant is. Knowing how to do it and how to do it is one thing but I am yet to do it. The way my memory is going I think I better do it soon so I will have a record of where individual roses are.
Balinbear

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by paulh on 15th February 2013, 01:55

Balinbear wrote:In publisher do a "save as" and click the arrow in the save format and there should be a big list of formats one of which is JPG.

Another comment would be it may have been easier and easier to modify if you did the table in Excel or a similar spreadsheet.

I started one for our garden sometime ago and the beauty is if you think of another category you simply add it. You can then search for a property of the individual plants say for instance all red roses or all roses growing in PH soil 5.9 in 2012.

If you are real clever and spatially capable (I'm a surveyor so that helps) you can also do a grid over a garden plan and include the coordinates (like a UBD) to record where the plant is. Knowing how to do it and how to do it is one thing but I am yet to do it. The way my memory is going I think I better do it soon so I will have a record of where individual roses are.

Thanks for that info Balinbear... unfortunaetly I'm not spreadsheet savy...
My ms publisher is a 2000 edition and doesn't have a lot of file formats to save to, and graphic files like jpeg aren't in the drop down menu..

However I worked out if you do a select all, then copy, open up the paint program in windows, then just paste it. Duh
paulh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum