Latest topics
» Has anyone had a similar problem with a rose......
by Ozeboy 21st November 2017, 09:59

» Sad second year roses :(
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th November 2017, 15:40

» what do I need to do?
by eileen0 3rd November 2017, 16:41

» Feeding routines
by carmel 9th October 2017, 10:06

» Two to identify please
by LouiseJB 25th September 2017, 16:02

» rose for sale
by carmel 25th September 2017, 07:46

» Anyone ever heard of this before?
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2017, 16:19

» parole
by Malnewby 14th September 2017, 18:38

2012 Seedling Blooms

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2012 Seedling Blooms

Post by Guest on 6th October 2012, 09:40

Jac the lighter one has perfume, not sure about the other. Here is another pic of the lighter one now opened a bit more and from the top.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 on 6th October 2012, 10:26

Itís very beautiful, Warren, congratulations. For how long have you been breeding roses?
Jac2

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6th October 2012, 10:34

Thanks Jac, have been breeding roses since 2006, not that long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 on 6th October 2012, 10:49

Thatís right, you mentioned 7 years earlier, oops. I sincerely would like to buy some of your roses, Warren, they look and sound wonderful with their good fragrance. Isnít there any way the public could have access to them at some point in the future?
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 6th October 2012, 10:52

Yes there are a few that want to know the answer to Jac's question, including me.
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5151
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6th October 2012, 11:46

Jac it could have been 7 yrs, back in the mid 2000 will do lol, anyway not very long compared with others.

For the public to gain access, a grower would have to be involved and at the moment they only seem interested in those which have been imported from Europe or USA. So much for supporting the OZZIE product or economy.

The other alternative would to grow some myself which at the moment I do not have the time to give.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 on 7th October 2012, 22:07

So the growers say, no thanks, we want to sell only roses that were bread overseas Ö?
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by paulh on 7th October 2012, 23:27

This may sound like a silly question...how well do seeded roses grow compared to grafted roses.
paulh

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2012-09-11

http://livingwithroses.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 8th October 2012, 05:33

Jac that is about it, the imported cultivars are given priority. What alot of people do not realise, most of the big growers are tied into RIAUS, Rose Importers of Aust, and we have no chance.

Paulh, Some seedling do well on their own roots but because of economics and efficiency, grafted plants are a better choice and you now every thing will do ok on that root stock selected for the growing conditions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 on 8th October 2012, 18:41

Ozroz wrote:most of the big growers are tied into RIAUS, Rose Importers of Aust, and we have no chance.

Are the big growers contractually prevented from promoting local roses?

Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy on 8th October 2012, 23:47

I'm selling several Australian bred roses. These are Mrs. Parkes and Riethmuller roses together with several others by breeders who are unfortunatly not with us anymore .Probably around 40 or more Aussies.. Mrs Parkes is now in her 90's and is delighted that I am keeping her roses in commerce for she would not like to see her hard work lost.
There is a class for seedlings at rose shows but I don't see any of the more recent bred blooms there. Will have a closer look for we are entering into the rose exhibition season now. 'Pink Angel' a single has won several times in the Australian Bred Rose class.
We admire Warrens seedlings posted here but where are they? Time to spread a few around Warren or they may become Australias best kept secret.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1671
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13th October 2012, 11:04

Here is another Gemini seedling this is Gemini X sport of Charlotte Graham

very HT looking bud , will post pic when fully opened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14th October 2012, 15:15

This is what you get from a Queen Elizabeth X Gloire de Dijion seedling. I got this pink and a white of similar structure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14th October 2012, 17:09

Here is the Gemini X sport of Charlotte Graham about half opened. All these Gemini seedlings have turned out pretty good so far, must do an Gemini X Honor, I reckon it would be a stunner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 on 14th October 2012, 19:35

Thank you, Ozeboy, that was an interesting piece of the bigger picture, and helpful. Does your company have a webpage where I can have a look at some of the other Australian bread roses?

Arenít you into showing your roses at shows, Ozroz?
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy on 14th October 2012, 20:44

Jac2, I do not have a webpage. I use Help me Find Roses.com where all my roses can be found. Click on Commercial Nurseries, then go to Glenorie Roses and click on, roses for sale. All my roses are listed there in alphabetical order. To view the rose just click on the name and up comes all the information on that rose.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 on 14th October 2012, 21:09

I shall have a look, Ozeboy, thanks. With no webpage, I gather youíre selling only to the local market?
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy on 15th October 2012, 09:50

Jac2, I do sell to every state including Tassie and WA where a certificate is required. Local nurseries here are all very concerned about Myrtle Rust which could close a nursery down. Surprising most Lilly Pilly and Eucalyptus are showing this problem.
I sell bareroot by mail in winter or pots ex the nursery. Have a good assortment of unusual hard to get roses together with many un named found roses of interest.
I do everything myself so don't wish to create a monster, hence no website. I do get quite a few inquireries from people who have tried everywhere for a rose and seem quite relieved when I have the rose they are looking for.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 on 15th October 2012, 19:54

Good to know, Ozeboy; I was very happy with my Treloar order this year, but Iím afraid have exhausted their OGR range; and thatís where Iím going (will definitely make some room for a couple of Aussies next wither and would like some of Warrenís).
Iím also very keen on Sweet Briars/Penzance roses, apart from Tuscany Superb.
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy on 16th October 2012, 17:16

Jac2, Ross roses list about 55 roses bred by a breeder attached to them and another 15 or 20 bred by others Swanes will release in 2013 a rose called '100 Not Out' bred by Richard Walsh from the Maitland district.
It's a brilliant rose every Aussie should have so please get behind the Aussies and order this rose. It will show Swanes there is big demand for Aussie roses. Governor Macquarie is another great Aussie bred by Trevor Grant, it's a very worthwhile healthy rose available from Swanes.
I have GM and will order 100 N O this season. Richard Walsh is one of the most knowledgeable breeders and donates a lot of his roses to charity.
I propagated a rose of Richards called 'Vanessa's Gift' in winter 2011 which were blooming first week in December. It's a mauve rose I found to be very healthy here and suggest you buy it. Look it up on HMF, if anyone wishes to order it I will get permission to propagate it for Vanessa's Charity. She lost her life leaving three beautiful children.

Be aware there are some nice things happening with Aussies but being far away from Warren I don't know where his roses end up other than to see them here on Rosetalk. Warren there are people out there wanting to help so let's have two of your best exhibition type roses to promote.

Ozeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 on 16th October 2012, 17:19

Ozroz wrote:Here is the Gemini X sport of Charlotte Graham about half opened. All these Gemini seedlings have turned out pretty good so far, must do an Gemini X Honor, I reckon it would be a stunner.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

beautifull Smile

i want one LOL
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17th October 2012, 16:19

here are a couple of newies.

Carefree Beauty X Old Port, this bloom is more cerise, the strong sunlight has washed out the colour a bit

[b]Baronne Ed Rothschild X [(wendy X (Europeana X Othello)) X Dr A J Verhage], Orange /Apricot with yellow reverse.

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 on 17th October 2012, 16:31

very nice warren , love em both
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by betsyw on 17th October 2012, 16:52

Does the Baronne x Verhage have any scent, Ozroz? Very sporty-chic thing, with just the right amount of colour bling
betsyw

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17th October 2012, 17:16

Betsy I have a bit of a cold at the moment, it should be fruity from the verhage part of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum