by rosebud 11th September 2017, 12:48

» Thornless Bourbon Climbers?
by rosebud 11th September 2017, 12:40

photos of my new garden to be

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

photos of my new garden to be

Post by rosemeadow on 29th July 2012, 19:02

Finally here are some photos, I am nearly ready to leave, so I must be quick.
This long paddock will be all garden, the rougher end Rhodadedrons etc.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: photos of my new garden to be

Post by neptune on 29th July 2012, 19:48

So big and beautiful....but who does the weeding?
neptune

Number of posts : 2417
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by maree on 29th July 2012, 19:55

PHEW !!! I'm just wondering where do you start Rosemeadow , i really do take my hat off to you , how long do you think it will take you ? Beautiful undulating countryside , i love it !!!
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnDamask on 29th July 2012, 20:23

affraid

We're not worthy

It's going to look amazing. Photographer
AutumnDamask

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow on 29th July 2012, 21:16

Thanks girls, but it looks so much prettier in real life. I think I will have to get myself a proper camera as well as this DVD camera, to get better colour or whatever it needs. I will try some flower shots and see how it goes.
Well I have my new ride on and the main thing is the roses are growing and if they get a bit of weed around them from time to time or all the time, well so be it. Although I have put each rose 10 of my gumboot feet apart so I will be able to also push mower closer around each bush, except for where I
put in periennials etc. The front row of David Austins I put each a bit closer together so I can make it a long fuller bed of roses and other flowers so that will be my main bed for weeding. Each row is 20 of my gumboot feet apart so I have plenty of room between each for mowing a nice grass pathway.
I was five minutes late for the boat, lucky it was running late itself tonight. It is a latter sailing tonight than it normally is, as well. No more cutting it fine, for me. I couldn't have afforded to miss tonight's boat.
I have three paddocks, the long garden one, and the two rougher ones. Lots of water running through them. One picture shows my spring fed dam and I brought my bird bat down in my station wagon, it is in two pieces which made it possible. My light garden seat is next and a heavy planter my brother gave me over 14 years ago. Also hopefully about 200 roses. I have got to get a move on as Spring is comming !

rosemeadow

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 29th July 2012, 21:54

Thanks girls....hmmmm.....my wife not sure on that one, Karen....
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy on 29th July 2012, 23:59

Look's so layback and peacefull.Cant wait to see the roses in there.

dannyboy

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow on 30th July 2012, 10:04

I am sorry Neptune, I forgot. I like your name, I use to think you were a women before I learnt otherwise. Ofcourse Neptune is a male mermaid but I am a bit stupid. Roses sure are a male or female hobby.
Dannyboy, the other day there was a furneral on at the cemetery over the road and during part of the sermon I could hear it quite clearly as his voice reberated ( I hope that is the right word ) around the valley. I am looking to that day too, thats for sure.

rosemeadow

Back to top Go down

message to Bruce

Post by rosemeadow on 30th July 2012, 17:03

Bruce, I have emailed you via Rosetalk, about a visit.

rosemeadow

Back to top Go down

Post by silkyfizz on 30th July 2012, 18:18

Wow, that looks so beautiful Rosemeadow. So much work ahead of you but it will be an amazing haven for you. It sounds like you have planned carefully and have a clear vision in your head. I hope you are able to post pictures as your garden takes shape. Do you have anyone helping you with so many roses? I envy you your roses and flowers but not the back pain!
silkyfizz

Number of posts : 1620
Registration date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by hariet~rose on 30th July 2012, 20:11

i am looking forward to the pictures also.. a clean slate is a wonderful thing but my back just gave me a twinge and a twang to remind me of what a clean slate can also mean..may the strength of a 1000 rose gardeners be with you Rosemeadow.
sunny Hariet~rose
hariet~rose

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow on 30th July 2012, 20:34

Thanks Silkyfizz and Hariet rose for your wonderful encouragement. Actually there hasn't really been any back pain, ( except for when you are washing them, maybe) the ground has been perfect to dig eighter place. I am hoping it doesn't dry out at Gulgong too soon, if so I will have to get the old water pump going. There is plenty of water in the creek.
I am doing it on my own, except for one day when David and Carol come over and David insisted on digging each rose he took cuttings from. I never got help planting my roses as its my passion and I would expect anyone else to dig the holes ( not while I am healthy ) and the same with digging them up and replanting.
Yesterday I went to see the churches in the local area and had a break from planting. This time I didn't heal the unplanted roses in,
I just left them in the water in the baths till I get back. If I had planted them they probably would be still in water anyway as there is that much water in the soil, espeacially if it rains again.
Of course I will flood this forum now I am set up for it again. I better get driving again. Very Happy Very Happy

rosemeadow

Back to top Go down

Post by maree on 31st July 2012, 09:33

Rosemeadow , keep flooding this forum , cause i am very interested to see the progress . Have always wanted to move to Tasmania for years and years and years , unfortunately family are not very impressed with that idea , maybe one day . I must say i really admire you , but when you are passionate ,anything is possible isn't it .... ( Have you got lots of fish oil and glucosamine so your back doesn't hate you later on )
maree

Number of posts : 1733
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 on 31st July 2012, 13:55

rosemeadow, your land looks beautiful and I love the pond, inspiration for growing roses near water; some of the most beautiful pictures Iíve seen. I took Google Earth images of my yard, and made swatches of my roses when I planned the design, but you probably have far too many to make swatches of them all.
200 in one go?! I donít envy you; lucky youíve got some churches nearby, so you can go and pray for extra energy when you get near the end.
Jac2

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan71 on 31st July 2012, 17:50

looks like lots of work but amazing Smile
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow on 4th August 2012, 17:16

Thanks Maree, Jac 2 and Jordan 71 for your great comments !

Maree, you are welcome to come visit us until you get to move down.
Hopefuilly, my back won't hate me that much.

Jac 2, can you show us the design you made ? The spring is in the future sheep paddock, but one day I will have a dam put in the garden paddock. I didn't mention how their is a good shared acsess road next door and we are using that until will get a old road on our place up and running again. Our very nice neighbour started work on it before it got too wet and will start on it again in late Spring or Summer. Will start to mget some loads of gravel delievered on the road then. One of daughters has sugested a avenue of cherry blossom trees on eigther side if the road for a distance. I will enjoy living closer to churches and go regularly with my daughters now.

Jordan 71, I seem to miss it when I can't plant a rose so now its the same with digging them up. I will start in ernest again on Monday, I am spending the time with my daughters this weekend.

rosemeadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 on 4th August 2012, 23:57

Rosemeadow, the design is in a word document, and I wouldnít know how to show it on the forum.
I used Google Earth to get a nice close-up of the area I wanted to landscape, and e-mailed the image to my address. Then copied and pasted the image into a (landscape format) Word doc. I put the colour swatches of the plants I thought of using into individual (Word) text boxes that I could drag and shift around over the GE image to see what they looked like together. I also put the names and dimensions into the textboxes, so that I knew what they were and whether they should go to the front or the back of the border. I made the swatches by cropping photos of the actual plants.
This system was useful in identifying whether I had too much of the same colour or where colours clashed, and very helpful in cutting down my huge order, apart from giving me a more concrete image of my future garden.
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 5th August 2012, 00:16

jac try taking a photograph of each page...then upload to your computer...then upload to photobucket....then download to the forum...
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 on 5th August 2012, 00:26

Neptune, if the question was: what does your garden look like, I could give it a go, but I thought posting photos of the real roses now that theyíre blooming would be more exciting. I thought maybe the question was: how did you do it?
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 5th August 2012, 00:40

sorry....I must be misinterpreting things here....I thought you wanted to post the word document that you had made and didn't know how to get it on the forum....I just gave a hint on how you might be able to do it.......

so I am not sure when you ask "how did I do it"?
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 on 5th August 2012, 17:51

Yes, Neptune, I did say that; thank you for your help. It does sound a bit complicated, but will give it a go, if anybody is interested.
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 5th August 2012, 18:16

yes please
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5146

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 5th August 2012, 18:21

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
neptune

Back to top Go down

Post by Jac2 on 5th August 2012, 20:29

Guys, Iím sure youíre only teasing me, but here you go. The trees that provide the lovely shade in the front have gone since GE took the area images; blue lines around swatches donate roses in pots; this is not showing accurate scale and was meant to provide me only with the most basic info re colour coordination, there is actually more space and itís less crowded than it looks; this is the collection before and including my order, many more pots have since appeared.
If I had acreage, I would make rectangular boxes to represent whole beds or use the different shapes available in the drawing toolbar.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Jac2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 6th August 2012, 06:08

Good work Jackie, now can we go back a couple of steps, like the start. You mention a word document to start with, can you explain the process from the start to the photo we see, thanks David.
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5146

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum