by carmel 27th July 2017, 07:04

» Potted Roses
by Rosenda001 19th July 2017, 21:52

Last legs?????

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Last legs?????

Post by tambralyngar on 29th April 2012, 18:50

Been extremely busy lately with two teenage boys,full time work, my mother in-law dealing with breast cancer, another friend fighting it, another friend passing away from it, & another passing away from an anuerism this week. So I may not have posted or kept up with happenings but still here when I get a chance.
tambralyngar

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose-Anna on 29th April 2012, 19:34

tambralyngar wrote:Been extremely busy lately with two teenage boys,full time work, my mother in-law dealing with breast cancer, another friend fighting it, another friend passing away from it, & another passing away from an anuerism this week. So I may not have posted or kept up with happenings but still here when I get a chance.

Terribly sorry to hear about your loss and the struggles in your life. Hug I am sure everyone knows and understands why some of us just dont have the time to be active posters all the time. Take all the time you need, I am sure this forum will still be here when you come back Smile
Rose-Anna

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tambralyngar on 29th April 2012, 19:51

Thanks Smile
tambralyngar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Estate on 29th April 2012, 19:54

That cancer is a worry to all, I find it a most terrible condition for the suffers and those around them Sad

I hope your MIL and friend are well soon Sad
The Estate

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 29th April 2012, 22:12

Ozroz wrote:I have noticed that over the last month fewer people are posting on this forum, all the old regulars have seemed to have disappeared and then there are those which pop their heads in now and then. I think this forum needs massive stimulation to survive and please do not depend on those which only seem to post to do so . Just a warning what could happen when things become stale.
Warren

This really is the best forum I have participated in. I find it a valuable source for rose growing info, banter and entertainment. Admin are to be congratulated for keeping the forum open yet free of rancour, spam and cliques. We are perhaps lucky to have such a great bunch of members - I have seen so many internet forums collapse in a heap of apathy, minor sniping which drives people away or even the arena for flame wars between opposing factions.

All forums will have a core of members who regularly start threads and make factual contributions to threads started by others.
There will be a second tier who visit often and add their comments to existing threads but rarely start their own. This will include a few with a bucket of smilies hell bent on pushing up their posting count
There will be a percentage of the membership who visit from time to time, make a rare post and disappear for a while
There will be those who arrive with a problem, perhaps get the solution then disappear for ever.

All are welcome because in their way they add to the variety here - and thus enhance the experience for all of us. The success of a forum is to attract the right mix of these categories, retain a vigorous and lively posting rate and eliminate any rancour quickly. This forum has somehow found the sweet spot and would seem to be going from strength to strength.

I have certainly got more out of the forum than I have put in - but I'm working on it. I will speak to roseman and see if we can have a section dedicated to everything pertaining to showing roses .. We're not worthy
neptune

Number of posts : 2408
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by neptune on 29th April 2012, 22:17

tambralyngar wrote:Been extremely busy lately with two teenage boys,full time work, my mother in-law dealing with breast cancer, another friend fighting it, another friend passing away from it, & another passing away from an anuerism this week. So I may not have posted or kept up with happenings but still here when I get a chance.

Knowing what you are going thru, my thoughts are with you at this time...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
neptune

Number of posts : 2408
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by OzRose on 30th April 2012, 00:25

Best wishes Tambr , keep your chin up love.
You know that we will be here for you if you need some time out.
OzRose

Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemeadow on 30th April 2012, 01:05

Well spoken Neptune and Autumn Damask. I hate missing on things here Warren, but over the years there always seems to be something, even just a broken key board, and then you get in a habit of not going to your favorite forums until you remember you really can now and you really need that rose talking fix again.
I am sorry to hear your sad time, Tambr. I hope things come happier for you.
One day I hope to be back regular. When my life is in total order and I can get on in the morning for a little, at lunch for a little, and at night for a little or a long time. Or during the long cold days. Least I won't be looking at realestate instead now.
The other day I wanted to let you all know I had won in getting the Banksia Normalis out of the ground, but instead I went to bed and have been busy since. Actually I should be in bed now.

rosemeadow

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tambralyngar on 1st May 2012, 05:40

Thanks guys you are a great support I miss it when I don't get time to check in. I love you
tambralyngar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozeboy on 1st May 2012, 10:46

Ozrose, that's a nice post above you must be a really nice person.

There's nothing to add other than, I'm sure everyone seconds Ozrose.

Ozeboy

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum