» Anyone ever heard of this before?
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2017, 16:19

» parole
by Malnewby 14th September 2017, 18:38

» Winter Flowers
by rosebud 11th September 2017, 12:48

» Thornless Bourbon Climbers?
by rosebud 11th September 2017, 12:40

Locking this forum is not a smart move IMHO.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Locking this forum is not a smart move IMHO.

Post by tambralyngar on 21st March 2012, 18:44

I agree with Gary I don't care who sees what I look like that is why I posted a photo of me, no different to people seeing you in the street. People are also very willing (in most cases) to talk to the media and give interviews on TV or have their photo in the paper, I do not see much difference you have a choice. I did not post any real personal info, that is just a wise thing if posting on the net. I am also one who lurks and does not post unless I have something to say or ask. As Rose Anna said there are plenty of sites you have to log onto first before you can read what is happening. I would hate to see this forum fall apart over privacy issues, I beleive we are all very good people at heart and just want what is best, but do not lose the friendly atmosphere and the great info that is shared here. We all love roses and that is what this site is all about.
tambralyngar

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by The Estate on 21st March 2012, 18:51

Tam, my issue was that the Social Pages ect.. that this be kept private and on viewable to members ONLY . The Rose Forums go for it cheers

The % of every 100 lurkers results in a few new members only I would believe Idea And then you rely on hem being active embers, I thought this was what it was all about , getting current members more active Suspect

Done MY bit Embarassed
The Estate

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tambralyngar on 21st March 2012, 23:08

Yes I agree with keeping the social pages locked, and the rest open. I just don't think we should be getting to the stage where we stop letting people browse and get info that we are all happy to give and receive. I watched and learnt alot before I joined, I just sat back & watched and learnt about the type of people here and the info available first beforehand. This is the first forum I have joined and contributed to, this has a lot to do with how I felt about this site bye being able to sit back & watch a little first.
I don't want to upset anyone and I am so glad that David has taken the reins and kept the site going.
That is my two cents worth and I have now had my say.
tambralyngar

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum