Latest topics
» 2017 ROSE ORDERS
by AutumnDamask Today at 07:45

» Watering Baby Seedlings
by The Lazy Rosarian 4th June 2017, 06:32

» Rose seeds
by The Lazy Rosarian 28th May 2017, 13:15

» Heel in for 2-3 months or direct plant now - Murray Bridge
by The Lazy Rosarian 28th May 2017, 07:54

» Hybrid Tea seeds
by The Lazy Rosarian 22nd May 2017, 19:11

» info on rose
by neptune 19th May 2017, 00:00

» List of ALL Australian bred roses on HMF
by martino 16th May 2017, 21:22

» Newbie Question - Blue Moon Rose planted in Pot
by Guest 15th May 2017, 13:51


Sharifa Asma

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sharifa Asma

Post by jordan71 on 9th March 2012, 14:15

while i was out today and needed some good , came across Sharifa Asma rose in mitre 10, it wasnt in the best of condition . they had a price tag of $ 26.95 is that a good buy ??


cheers
avatar
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Location : melbourne
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharifa Asma

Post by The Lazy Rosarian on 9th March 2012, 14:26

In a pot, one would assume. At that price it should be good, The B shop has similar prices for their roses. Don't forget what I said on other threads, Time from grower. to pot plus markup values.
As it is coming into bare root season why not wait and plan things in advance prior to purchase
avatar
The Lazy Rosarian

Number of posts : 5119
Age : 63
Location : Mudgee, NSW, Australia
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharifa Asma

Post by jordan71 on 9th March 2012, 14:28

roseman wrote:In a pot, one would assume. At that price it should be good, The B shop has similar prices for their roses. Don't forget what I said on other threads, Time from grower. to pot plus markup values.
As it is coming into bare root season why not wait and plan things in advance prior to purchase

yeah thanks for that , think i will wait for the bare root season , as much as i was tempted she didnt look very healthy
avatar
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Location : melbourne
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharifa Asma

Post by neptune on 9th March 2012, 18:39

whats the old saying...

"you pay what it is worth to you".......and for the fact most of these big stores have set prices and there is no bartering there
avatar
neptune

Number of posts : 2406
Location : Western Australia
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharifa Asma

Post by jordan71 on 9th March 2012, 18:43

neptune wrote:whats the old saying...

"you pay what it is worth to you".......and for the fact most of these big stores have set prices and there is no bartering there

yeah the reason i asked if it was the right price , cause i have not seeing any at my local nurseries, and the fact that it was in poor condition , thats the reason i didnt buy..

avatar
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Location : melbourne
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharifa Asma

Post by neptune on 9th March 2012, 18:54

its like going to coles and there veges are off, but the prices haven't change from when they were so called fresh. They work on a theory that if someone really wants it, they will buy it
avatar
neptune

Number of posts : 2406
Location : Western Australia
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharifa Asma

Post by jordan71 on 9th March 2012, 18:56

neptune wrote:its like going to coles and there veges are off, but the prices haven't change from when they were so called fresh. They work on a theory that if someone really wants it, they will buy it

yeah i guess so , but i rather pay the money and get the quality thats is worth

i will add it to my list to order for july, unless i get lucky and find another one before then
avatar
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Location : melbourne
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharifa Asma

Post by neptune on 9th March 2012, 18:59

the old saying is to buy your roses with blooms on it and that way you know the type of bush that you are getting. If you buy in July, the bush might have no blooms on it and being in Victoria they will be dormant so to speak
avatar
neptune

Number of posts : 2406
Location : Western Australia
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharifa Asma

Post by jordan71 on 9th March 2012, 19:02

neptune wrote:the old saying is to buy your roses with blooms on it and that way you know the type of bush that you are getting. If you buy in July, the bush might have no blooms on it and being in Victoria they will be dormant so to speak

you are right neptune , like i mentioned earlier this rose for some reason not that avaialble around where i live

i will do some googling or call up some nurseries other side of town to see if i can get lucky
avatar
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Location : melbourne
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharifa Asma

Post by neptune on 9th March 2012, 19:03

happy hunting
avatar
neptune

Number of posts : 2406
Location : Western Australia
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharifa Asma

Post by jordan71 on 9th March 2012, 19:09

neptune wrote:happy hunting

thanks
avatar
jordan71

Number of posts : 1699
Location : melbourne
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharifa Asma

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum