» Anyone ever heard of this before?
by The Lazy Rosarian 17th September 2017, 16:19

» parole
by Malnewby 14th September 2017, 18:38

» Winter Flowers
by rosebud 11th September 2017, 12:48

» Thornless Bourbon Climbers?
by rosebud 11th September 2017, 12:40

Stud plants come from the most unlikely places!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stud plants come from the most unlikely places!

Post by Admin on 10th January 2012, 01:03

This one came from Ebay!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's a tough little plant that I will be sending north to Goulburn over winter that came from seed advertised on Ebay as 'Angel Wings' seeds from Rosa chinensis 'minima'. It hasn't got a trace of China in it or it is so diluted that its pressence is indiscernible. It is almost completely multiflora-like originating probably from multiflora 'Nana'. I have nicknamed this one 'Angel Wings' myself and have used it a bit in breeding this year as it appears to be fertile, flowers non-stop, and is quite a healthy little mini rose. It has sprays of simple single white flowers, which I love, that are barely 3cm across (and really hard to pollinate... the seeds are going to be miniscule). I hate how the stamens die so quickly and go brown; this is a hangover from its multiflora heritage. I'll be trying to strike it soon to see if it's inherited its multiflora ancestor's easy striking habit. It has never been sprayed or pruned and is in its second year. I've pollinated it this year with 'Titian' to see what this produces. 'Perle d'Or' pollen failed on it. I have two other 'Angel Wings' seedlings from a different batch of seeds that are single and pink copies of this one.

Admin

Number of posts : 3739
Registration date : 2008-02-08

http://www.rosetalkaustralia.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum