by rosebud 11th September 2017, 12:48

» Thornless Bourbon Climbers?
by rosebud 11th September 2017, 12:40

Picking Roses

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Picking Roses

Post by tambralyngar on 29th November 2011, 20:08

Tish know how you feel, I am in the same boat with none of my friends into gardening, ( my best friend has started growing orchids she reckons we are now officially starting to get old lol! ) all you guys make us feel so welcome and are great to learn from.
tambralyngar

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tambralyngar on 30th November 2011, 17:34

My Blackberry nip opened today

Last edited by tambralyngar on 30th November 2011, 19:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong post)
tambralyngar

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by LiliB on 6th December 2011, 12:22

My two bob's worth - St Patrick is brilliant. Flowers last and last if you cut them. Tends to repeat fairly well, is strong and robust and doesn't appear to suffer from any drawbacks. The yellow is such a pure, clear colour that no other (apart from Limelight which I haven't seen in the flesh) yellow has.

Brass Band has been a joy for the six years or so that I have had it. It blooms profusely, has a lovely perfume and is trouble free. It seems to cope fairly well with heat, which is a key criterion here on the edge of the outback. My only grumble is that it's hard to deadhead because it is a floribunda. (And I've always found them difficult to deadhead sensibly, if they're not the ones that conveniently send out new shoots quickly).

Kronenberg is just sensational. It produces the most stunning coloured flowers in my whole collection. Until it fades, it's a show stopper. It has the vigorous growth characteristic of the Peace family, repeats a little slower than I would like ideally, but well worth its place in a rose garden if the colour appeals.
LiliB

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6th December 2011, 15:36

Thanks LiliB!
I ended up getting a Kronenbourg, has one of the most amazing flowers I've ever seen.
Below is my new list Smile
Tradescant Tm, Charles Mallerin, Blue For You, Queen Of Hearts, maurice utrillo, Louis xiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum